The 100 best Web Design Tools
Web design tools world never stands still. Technology keeps on advancing, standards keep on evolving, and every month there’s new stuff to try out that can make your life as a designer that little bit better.
Static mockups are becoming less useful and the lines between designer and developer are becoming increasingly blurred. As we work more collaboratively with one another, the tools we use are having to change.
- Fontface Ninja: http://fontface.ninja/
Identify that cool font on the page you are browsing.
- Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/
Find and use high quality fonts for your website.
- Typecast: https://typecast.com/
Create visual and semantic designs that put type first.
- What Font is: http://www.whatfontis.com/
Upload your image and easily determine its font.
- TypeKit: https://typekit.com/
Get access to a huge bundle of premium fonts.
- Typelight: http://www.cr8software.net/typelight.html
Edit and convert every Open Type font.
- Fontstruct: http://fontstruct.com/
Create your own fonts from the ground up, pixel by pixel.
- 1001 Fonts: http://www.1001fonts.com/
Scan a huge library of fonts for personal or commercial use.
- Fontflame: http://fontflame.com/
Tinder for fonts. Swipe to find the best match.
- Pixabay: https://pixabay.com
Browse & download high quality images under CC0 license.
- Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/
Get 10 new incredibly beautiful pictures everyday (CC0).
- Gratisography: http://www.gratisography.com/
Ryan McGuire takes thousands of exquisite pictures. Get them all. Free of use.
- New Old Stock: http://nos.twnsd.co/
Download vintage pictures from public archives.
- Stocksy: https://www.stocksy.com/
Download beautiful and distinctive royalty-free stock photos.
- Adobe Stock: https://stock.adobe.com/
Find the perfect asset for your creative project.
- SplitShire: http://www.splitshire.com/
Web designer Daniel Nanescu shares hundreds of gorgeous CC0-licensed.
- Pixels: https://www.pexels.com
Get access to the best free stock photos.
- Zoomy: http://zoommyapp.com/
Free stock photos from different sources gathered in one desktop app.
- Death to Stock Photos: http://deathtothestockphoto.com/
Receive original pictures in your email every month.
- Vecteezy: http://www.vecteezy.com/
The best place to find vector images.
- The Noun Project: https://thenounproject.com/
Find black & white simple icons and glyphs. Requires to give credit.
- Iconfinder: https://www.Iconfinder.com/
A powerful search engine for free icons. Requires to give credit.
- Flaticons: http://www.flaticon.com/
A large icon database made by designers. Requires to give credit.
- The ispot: http://www.theispot.com/
Buy pretty illustrations from great artists.
- Brusheezy: https://www.brusheezy.com/
brushes and PSDs.
- Roundicons: https:roundicons.com/
Download cool sets of round icons made by the gifted designer Ramy Wafaa.
- Webalys: http://www.webalys.com/
Vincent le Moign has created one of the most wonderful icon library online.
- Iconjar: http://geticonjar.com/
An app to store all your icons in one place. For Mac only.
- Canva: https://www.canva.com/
Amazingly simple design graphic software to create any content you need.
Upload your Design samples here: Link
- Easel.ly: https://www.easel.ly/
Select among hundreds of templates and create your own infographics.
- Vizualize.me: http://vizualize.me/
Your CV is boring? Turn it into an original infographics.
- Piktochart: https://piktochart.com/
Easy to use infographics maker, even if you’re not designer.
- Infogram: https://infogr.am
Allows to generate qualitative charts. Already used by the Huff Post.
- Venngage: https://venngage.com/
Make hundreds of infographics, media posts, and reports with this simple tool.
- Visme: http://www.visme.co/
Transform your ideas into engaging content through their powerful tool.
- Visage: https://visage.co/
Design all kinds of visual content with their dazzling interface.
- Draw io: https://www.draw.io/
A complete flowchart maker suitable for both internal and external projects.
- Gliffy: https://www.gliffy.com/
Superb online diagramming tool that lets you collaborate with your team.
- GoVisually: http://www.govisually.com/
One of the best way to collect client feedback for your projects.
- Wake: https://wake.com
Share, review and discuss designs among your team. Airbnb uses it!
- Bounce: http://www.bounceapp.com/
A fun and easy way to share ideas on any website.
- Red Pen: https://redpen.io/
The fastest feedback tool. Drag and drop your design invite your friends.
- Marqueed: http://www.marqueed.com/
Mark-up and discuss images online. Pretty useful for Photoshop.
- Proofhub: https://www.proofhub.com/
Manage your projects efficiently. Make sure your team collaborates and delivers on.
- Zeplin: https://zeplin.io
The ultimate collaboration tool between designers and developers.
- Cage: https://cageapp.com/
A unique dashboard to collaborate with teams and clients.
- Lingo: https://www.lingoapp.com/
Build and share libraries of visual assets with your entire team. For Mac only.
- Color Hunt: http://colorhunt.co/
Browse through thousands of four-color combinations until you find the right one.
- Adobe Color CC: https://color.adobe.com
Try, generate and save various color schemes.
- ColorZilla: http://www.colorzilla.com/
Super convenient extension to pick colors from a web page.
- Pictaculous: http://pictaculous.com/
Upload your image and get a compatible color palette.
- Colicious: http://colicious.ga/
Press the space bar and generate a new color. Amusing and useful.
- The Color App: Available on iTunes
Finding colors become much easier with this large grid.
- TinEye: http://labs.tineye.com/
Determine your colors and search images with the perfect color combination.
- PaletteGenerator: http://palettegenerator.com/
Generates a color palette for any image you find on the web.
- Unclrd: http://www.unclrd.com/
Browser extension that turns every website into black and white.
- Dribble: https://dribble.com/
The place where designers share their most dazzling assets.
- Muzli: https://muz.li/
All the design inspiration you need straight in every new tab (browser extension).
- Awwwards: http://www.awwwards.com/
Recognizes the talent and effort of the best designers, developers and agencies.
- Designspiration: http://designspiration.net/
Pinterest-style board of high level design inspiration to share.
- Design you trust: http://designyoutrust.com/
Collective blog full of design portfolios and architectural inspirations.
- One Page Love: https://onepagelove.com/
Original showcase of elegant one-page websites.
- Material Up: https://material.uplabs.com/
Curates the best design materials available online everyday.
- Really Good Emails: http://reallygoodemails.com/
Catalog of well designed emails to inspire you when building your newsletter.
- Site See: https://sitesee.co/
Curated gallery of beautiful, modern websites from all around the world.
- Mobile Patterns: http://www.mobile-patterns.com/
Learn how to overcome UX flows for your mobile app.
Graphics / Pictures editor-
- Illustrator: http://www.adobe.com/
Build amazing vector arts with this must-have tool.
- Photoshop: http://www.adobe.com/photoshop.html
Create and enhance your photographs, web designs, and even your 3D Artworks.
- Blender: https://www.blender.org/
Open source and entirely free 3D creation softwares.
- Daz Studio: http://www.daz3d.com/
Make incredibly realistic humans or animals in 3D.
- Inkspace: https://inkscape.org/en/
The best open source alternative to illustrator.
- Gimp: https://www.gimp.org/
Free and open source editor to edit and retouch images.
- DrawPlus: http://www.serif.com/
Draw handsome vector arts at a reasonable price.
- Aviary: https://www.aviary.com/
Edit your photos from a mobile app or from a web app.
- SquareSpace: http://logo.squarespace.com/
This tool combines squarespace expertise and nounproject icons to let you make a cool logo.
- Designmantic: https://www.designmantic.com/
Enter your company name, select your industry, and generate an editable logo.
- Logo Makr: https://logomakr.com/
Create a simple logo with fiaticons materials.
- Logoshi: https://www.logoshi.com/
Draw a messy sketch and get a clean and modern logo.
- Graphic Springs: https://www.graphicsprings.com/
Choose a logo template, edit it, and download your logo.
- Logo Type Makr: https://logotypemaker.com/
Random generation of logos for your company.
- Logaster: https://www.logaster.com/
Make a decent logo without any design skills.
- Logo Genie: http://www.logogenie.net/
It makes logo design easy and fun.
- Logo Maker: https://www.logomaker.com/
Generate hundreds of potential logo and modify them online.
- Sketch: https://www.sketchapp.com/
A vector design tool convenient for UI and UX. Only compatible with mac.
- Napkin: http://www.designwithnapkin.com/
Design quick mockups on your ios device.
- Weld: https://www.weld.io/
Draw your website online, the way you want it.
- Atomic: https://atomic.io/
Design realistic prototypes you can share with your team.
- Flinto: https://www.flinto.com/
Sketch interactive prototypes from static images.
- Balsamiq: https://balsamiq.com/
Quick Wireframing tool that let you make clear mockups.
- HTML5 Up: https://html5up.net/
Create classy, customizable and responsive HTML 5 templates.
- ProtoIO: https://proto.io/
Make ultra realistic app prototypes. No coding required.
- App Cooker: http://www.appcooker.com/
Handle mockups and prototypes from your ipad.
- Axure: http://www.axure.com/
Quickly design prototypes from your computer and share them.