Too Late To Start?
Meanwhile elsewhere in the universe
- Age 35:
- Jan Koum founded WhatsApp.
- Michael Arrington started TechCrunch.
- Tim Westergren started Pandora.
- Jimmy Wales founded Wikipedia.
- Age 41:
- Mark Pincus founded Zynga.
- Robert Noyce founded Intel.
- Age 42:
- Robin Chase founded ZipCar.
- Craig Newmark founded CraigsList.
- Age 52:
- Ray Kroc started McDonald’s.
- Age 55:
- John Pemberton invented Coca-Cola.
- Age 65:
- Harland Sanders started KFC.
“It’s never too late”
Lost In Life?
People who took an indirect path to success
- Age 20 to 30:
- Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavericks owner until 25 bartender at his own bar.
- Suze Orman, finance guru until 30 a waitress.
- Harrison Ford, actor and producer until 30s a carpenter.
- Pejman Nozad, angel investor until 30s rug dealer.
- Age 30:
- Ray Kroc, McDonald’s founder until 52 sold paper cups and milkshake mixers.
- Mary Kay Ash, Mary Kay founder until 45 sold books and home goods door to door.
- Andrea Bocelli, singer until 33 piano player at bars.
- Amancio Ortega, Zara founder until 30 shirt shop helper.
- Ang Lee, film director until 31 jobless house husband.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter author until 31 single mom on welfare.
- Manoj Bhargava, 5-hour energy founder until 30 taxi driver and monk.
- Sheldon Adelson, Las Vegas Sands founder until 30s sold shampoo and windshield defroster.
“Not all those who wander are lost”
How To Succeed?
- fail (Sells Christmas trees)
- Publishes a student magazine
- Virgin Records
- Gay nightclub
- Fail (Virgin Cola, Virgin Vodka)
- Fail (Wedding dresses)
- Virgin Galactic
- Fail (CourseMatch)
- Fail (FaceMatch)
- Fail (Traf-o-Data)
- Fail (Zeen)
- Fail (Video games)
- Content Publishing software
- Makes space launch vehicles
- Starts solar power service
How To Never Give Up on Becoming an Entrepreneur
Say you are 30 now. You got about 60 years,
Say it takes 3 months to do a big project.
240 shots of success!
As long as you are alive anything is still possible.
Lower your expectations-
Michael Jordon missed over 300 important shots.
99.99% of success took TIME.
You are stronger than you think.
Stuck in the weeds.
“Try lots of different things.” – Paul Graham
Fake success before it is real.
Careful. This can kill you. Don’t compare yourself to people who already succeeded. They have their own story. You don’t really know that story.
Right before success you will face the worst.
For Inspirational Quotes : Click Here