TO PRACTICE SELFCARE
To Practice Selfcare is different for each person and can be different from day to day. When life gets busy it’s easy to forget to take care of yourself. But practicing self-care can have great benefits for your mental health.
Don’t feel guilty about taking time to care for yourself. It’s not selfish to make your health a priority. You will be better able to help others when you are your healthiest.
There are some ways to practice selfcare:-
- Have a mini declutter session.
- Watch your favorite movie. Even if it’s for the 20th time.
- Take a long, relaxing bath.
- Burn your favorite candle.
- Jump on your bed. Just like you did when you were little.
- Turn off your phone for a few hours.
- Have a mini pamper session.
- Throw your favorite jammies in a dryer for a few minutes so they’re nice and warm and put them on as soon as you get home from work.
- Go for a run or a long walk.
- Write yourself a love letter.
- Wear your favourite perfume.
- Put on some music and dance away.
- Make your favourite meal.
- Go outside, lie on your back and watch the sky.
- Write down 10 things you feel grateful for.
- Give yourself a manicure.
- Treat yourself with your favourite dessert.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Do something for the first time, It can be something very simple, like trying out a new restaurant.
- Have an intense workout session.
- Do something that you’ve been putting off for a while.
- Get up early, make breakfast and enjoy your morning tea in peace and quiet. No TV, no radio, no phone, no laptop.
- Throw yourself a little party. Buy a bottle of your favorite wine, grab some takeout and read through all the magazines you’ve been hoarding. May be watch some mindless TV?
- Slow down and be present.
- Listen to music, just close your eyes and listen.
- Create a vision board for yourself.
- Call someone you love.
- Read a good book.’
- Take a nap.
- Create positive, loving affirmations for yourself.
- Organize your closet.
- Plan a fun weekend for yourself and your partner/friends/family.
It can be something as simple as game night and pizza.
- Binge-watch your favorite TV show on Netflix.
- Try a new, healthy recipe.
- Do something creative.
- Have a cup of coffee from your favourite coffee place.
- Write a thank you note to someone.
- Do something you love.
- Sleep in on the weekend.
- Spend some time in the sun.
- Have a girls’ night in.
- Kick-start your day with some positive affirmations.
- Have a lunch date with a friend.
- Cuddle with your pet. Or with your human.
- Make a playlist of your favorite songs at the moment.
- Go to a museum.
- Write down a long list of things you love.
- Watch a stand-up comedy show.