How To Become a Morning Person
The most effective way to wake up early is to go to bed early.
Become A Morning Person-Waking up early has many advantages. Not only does it allow more time for both productivity and leisure, but it makes our days less stressful.
It is not just how many hours of sleep we get a night that affects our ability to wake up early, happy and productive. All things considered, it is possible to slowly transform yourself into a morning person. Believe it or not, mornings can be the best part of your day.
Early Birds vs. Night Owls
|Tend to be more persistent.
Are more resistant to fatigue, frustration, and difficulties.
Often have lower levels of anxiety and lower rates depression.
Show higher life satisfaction and less likelihood of substance abuse.
|Tend to be more extravagant, temperamental, impulsive and novelty-seeking.
Are more likely to suffer from insomnia and ADHD.
Appear more likely to develop addictive behaviours, mental disorders and antisocial tendencies.
Skip the Snooze
- Snoozing plunges us back into the beginning of the sleep cycle.
- This cycle is shortened and disrupted when we wake up for a second or third time.
- Snoozing cuts rapid eye movement (REM) sleep short.
- It produces an adrenaline and cortisol release…
- Which triggers an instant stress response.
- Causing the feeling of alertness.
- Which quickly subsides, leaving a groggy, foggy brain in its wake.
10 Things Successful People Do Before 8 A.M.
- Exercise for a boost of energy.
- Eat healthy breakfast for fuel to tackle even the toughest projects.
- Make time for personal projects, whether it’s writing or an art craft.
- Network over coffee instead of during happy hour.
- Read the news to keep up with current events.
- Plan goals and a to-do list for maximum productivity.
- Prioritize what’s most important and tackle the most difficult tasks first.
- Connect with a significant other or family.
- Meditate for a clear mind.
- Check email for urgent messages.