Difficulty ∗∗∗ Popularity ∗∗∗∗∗ Created in… 1995
Java is a programming language that developers used to create application on your computer. Chances are you have downloaded a programme that required the java runtime, and so you probably have it installed it on your system. Java also has a web plug-in that allows you to run these apps in your browser.
What is used for?
- Android and IOS app development
- Video game development
- Desktop GUIs (Graphic user interfaces)
- Software Development
Pros of java:
- Java developers are in great demand- A Dice.com report in may 2015 concluded that java development was the most desired software-building skill by a wide margin.
- An Evolving language- The platform continues to add new features,such as the inclusion of lambda capabilities.
- Anchors android apps development- Google’s android mobile platform is the no.1 mobile platform in the world.to build apps for android,developers predominantly use their java skills.
Cons of java:
- Uses a lot of memory- Java uses more memory than C++ large memory footprint.
- Learning curve- Not the easiest of languages to learn but certainly not the hardest.
- Slow startup times- Anyone who’s try to create an android app using java knows how slowly the simulator code runs on your desktop.
Java job market
- Average salary-$102000
- Job count-72226
- Top job location-New York city San Jose & Washington D.C
- Top employers of java programmers
Java was used to build
Java fascinating facts :-
Java is the basis of the android operating system.
The original name for java was oak, because of a big oak tree that grew outside of James Gosling’s window.
What you can do with java:
- Take virtual tours of places online.
- most sites that allow you to upload photos to their platform will be using java to do this.
- Using a java plug-in, allows you to use interactive maps online.
- You can play online games with java.
Difficulty ∗∗ Popularity ∗∗∗∗ Created in 1995
What is JS used for?
- Front end of website
- Web interactivity
- Average salary-100000
- Job count-51906
- Top job location-New York city , Washington D.C & San Francisco
- Fascinating facts about java script
- NetScape- Java script was created in 1995 by NetScape.
*) Java script can be used to validate form data at the client-side saving both the precious server resources and time.
*) Display information based on the time of the day.
*) Change page contents dynamically. JS can randomly display content without the involvement of server programs.
*) Add interactivity to your website.
Php vs Ruby vs Python – What to learn first?
Difficulty ∗∗∗ Popularity ∗∗∗ Created in 1983
Objective- C is a general purpose, object oriented programming language. It is the main programming language used by Apple for the OS X and IOS operating systems, and their respective application programming interfaces (APIs).
What is [C] used for?
- If you want to focus on developing iOS or OS X apps only.
- IOS applications
- Primary language used by apple- Used to build out Mac OS & iOS
Pros of obj [C]
- Libraries- Objective C is the programming language developed specifically to work with the cocoa programming framework, which means that it has access to the apple development libraries.
- Objective C runtimes – A program written in objective C is more dynamic, able to gather information about itself to make decisions regarding memory or data types, rather than having had decisions made during coding time.
- Limited usage- Although objective C does some pretty cool things, it is limited in the sense that you can’t develop apps on other platforms with it, such as android.
Cons of objective [C]
- Leaning curve- Not the easiest of languages to master, as you will need to know a bit about the C programming language as well.
- Don’t expect to see much straightaway- It’s not the path to take if you want to show off programs in a few weeks. It will take you more like a year before you feel good about your proficiency.
- Different ways of doing things- Apple has its own programming methodology, which is different from just about everyone else. (it’s not wrong, just different)
Objective [C] job market
- Average salary -$110000
- Job count-21189
- Top job location- New York city , Chicago & San Francisco
Objective C was used to build..
- Mac OS
- VLC media player
Objective C fascinating facts
A general purpose, object oriented language that adds smallTalk-style messaging to the C programming language.
Objective C was originally developed in the early 1980s by Brad Cox and Tom Love at their company stepstone.